Rich in fiber, beta-carotene, vitamin C, and ginger, this little cocktail packs some powerful nutrition.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 large carrots (10 oz.), sliced
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 2-inch piece ginger (1 oz.), thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
1. Fill bowl with ice water, and set aside.
2. Cook carrots in large pot of boiling salted water 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and transfer to ice water to cool. Drain again.
3. Purée carrots and remaining ingredients in blender until smooth.
- Calories: 115
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 229 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g