Every diet needs chocolate. This creamy, calcium-rich pudding uses dark chocolate, which adds antioxidants as well as yum. Look for a bar thats 70 percent chocolate.
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 4 strawberries as garnish, optional
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds as garnish, optional
Melt chocolate in double boiler over medium heat or in microwave on medium power. Stir in milk and vanilla until smooth.
Pour into blender or food processor, add ricotta cheese and purée until very smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Chill at least 30 minutes. To serve, garnish with berries and nuts, if desired.
- Calories: 145
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 70 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g