Here’s the veg answer to Sloppy Joes—edamame lightens up a black bean mixture to keep these sliders from tasting too dense.
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans, or 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, drained and minced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup plus 1 Tbs. prepared fat-free barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 12 small whole-wheat dinner rolls, split like buns
- 4 oz. reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 12 slices
1. Bring small pot of water to a boil. Add edamame, and cook 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Process garlic in food processor until minced. Add edamame, black beans, chipotle chile, cilantro, 1 Tbs. barbecue sauce, cumin, and salt. Process until mixture forms coarse paste.
3. Heat oil in saucepan over medium-low heat. Add edamame mixture, and heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
4. Spoon 1 Tbs. barbecue sauce onto each bottom bun. Top with bean mixture, cheese, and top buns.
- Calories: 329
- Carbohydrate Content: 51 g
- Cholesterol Content: 14 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 815 mg
- Sugar Content: 12 g