Here’s the veg answer to Sloppy Joes—edamame lightens up a black bean mixture to keep these sliders from tasting too dense.
1. Bring small pot of water to a boil. Add edamame, and cook 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Process garlic in food processor until minced. Add edamame, black beans, chipotle chile, cilantro, 1 Tbs. barbecue sauce, cumin, and salt. Process until mixture forms coarse paste.
3. Heat oil in saucepan over medium-low heat. Add edamame mixture, and heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
4. Spoon 1 Tbs. barbecue sauce onto each bottom bun. Top with bean mixture, cheese, and top buns.
- Calories 329
- Carbohydrate Content 51 g
- Cholesterol Content 14 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 815 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g