Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Mari Kermit-Canfield lives in Bloomington, Ind., where she loves to cook up veggie meals. We went bananas for her Caribbean fusion burritos. Top each burrito with a dollop of store-bought mango salsa, or try Mari’s own recipe, which can be found at vegetariantimes.com/spicymangosalsa.
1. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add red onion and garlic, and sauté until browned. Stir in plantains, and cook 5 minutes.
2. Add black beans, cilantro, green onion, cumin, hot sauce, adobo seasoning, coriander, and pepper; cook 5 more minutes.
3. Spoon filling into warmed corn tortillas; top with cheese and mango salsa, if desired; roll up; and serve.
- Calories 256
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 507 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g