These black bean burgers are great and all, but it’s really the crazy-simple garlic mayo that sends us. Literally, it’s just vegan mayonnaise plus fresh garlic plus paprika, but when they’re all in that bowl together some type of food magic takes place. The results are a “secret sauce” we’ll be spreading on everything.
Note: Not all store-bought burger buns will be vegan, so be sure to check labels if that’s important to you – or bake up a batch of your own.
More Related Recipes to Try Next:
Mediterranean Veggie Burgers
Black Bean Burgers with Tempeh Crisps
Wild Mushroom and Quinoa Burgers with Garlic-Thyme Aioli
Black Bean Burgers with Smoky Garlic Mayo
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment; set aside.
- To a food processor, add beans, onion, egg, 2 cloves garlic, flaxseeds, 1 tsp paprika, salt and pepper. Pulse until well combined, 10 to 12 pulses.
- Form into 6 patties and arrange on prepared sheet. Bake, flipping once halfway, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer 2 patties to an airtight container for Nacho-Style Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes; refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Meanwhile, toast buns. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, remaining 1 clove garlic and ½ tsp paprika; spread on cut sides of buns. Sandwich remaining patties and optional toppings in buns.
From Clean Eating
- Serving Size 1 burger
- Calories 429
- Carbohydrate Content 56 g
- Cholesterol Content 36 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 14 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 515 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 8 g