Corn kernels and a tomatillo-based salsa verde keep this chili fresh-flavored. The recipe also makes a great filling for enchiladas or burritos.
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 1 16-oz. jar salsa verde
- 2 15-oz. cans low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen fire-roasted corn kernels
- 4 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
1. Spray large saucepan with olive oil cooking spray, and heat over medium heat.
2. Add 3/4 cup green onions, and sauté 3 minutes, or until softened.
3. Add salsa, beans, corn, and 1/2 cup water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Garnish each serving with 1 Tbs. green onions and 1 Tbs. cilantro.
- Calories: 293
- Carbohydrate Content: 52 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Sodium Content: 573 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g