Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Corn kernels and a tomatillo-based salsa verde keep this chili fresh-flavored. The recipe also makes a great filling for enchiladas or burritos.
1. Spray large saucepan with olive oil cooking spray, and heat over medium heat.
2. Add 3/4 cup green onions, and sauté 3 minutes, or until softened.
3. Add salsa, beans, corn, and 1/2 cup water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Garnish each serving with 1 Tbs. green onions and 1 Tbs. cilantro.
- Calories 293
- Carbohydrate Content 52 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 12 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 573 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g