Black Bean Hummus Bowl With So Many Toppings
Turn your ho-hum hummus into something extra fun and festive
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
More salad-like than just a typical serving of hummus, but still distinctly dippy, this black bean hummus bowl is kind of the best of both worlds. We suggest piling grilled corn, chopped avocado, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and pickled jalapeños on top once you’ve scooped the hummus base into your serving bowl. To convey the mixture into your mouth, try tortilla chips, whole-grain pita chips, or slices of jicama.
More Related Recipes to Try Next:
Gluten-Free Pasta e Ceci
Artichoke Kale Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Pasta with Blue Cheese, Arugula, Figs, and Walnuts
Black Bean Hummus Bowl
- 2 cups unsalted canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1¼ cups store-bought or homemade plain hummus (about 10 oz)
- 2 tsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- ½ tsp ground chipotle powder
1. In a food processor, process beans, hummus, lemon juice and chipotle until smooth; divide among bowls.
2. Pile on toppings. Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, jicama slices or your choice of dipper.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 283
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 15 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 451 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g