Filling out this version of the Mediterranean condiment with almond flour helps cut down on sodium without sacrificing texture. Store the tapenade in a jar in the fridge for up to three weeks, and serve as a dip or sandwich spread.
Related: Healing Foods — Oregano
- 1 1/2 cups pitted oil-cured black olives
- 3/4 cup almond flour or ground almonds
- 3 Tbs. fresh oregano leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
1. Blend olives, almond flour, oregano, and garlic in food processor until finely chopped.
2. Add olive oil and lemon juice, and blend until spreadable paste forms.
- Calories: 34
- Carbohydrate Content: 0.5 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 62 mg
- Sugar Content: 0.5 g