Black Olive Tapenade
With just 6 ingredients you probably have in your pantry now, this easy olive tapenade is the perfect appetizer spread.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Filling out this version of the Mediterranean condiment with almond flour helps cut down on sodium without sacrificing texture. Store the tapenade in a jar in the fridge for up to three weeks, and serve as a dip or sandwich spread.
Related: Healing Foods — Oregano
- 1 1/2 cups pitted oil-cured black olives
- 3/4 cup almond flour or ground almonds
- 3 Tbs. fresh oregano leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
1. Blend olives, almond flour, oregano, and garlic in food processor until finely chopped.
2. Add olive oil and lemon juice, and blend until spreadable paste forms.
- Calories 34
- Carbohydrate Content 0.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 62 mg
- Sugar Content 0.5 g