30 minutes or fewer
Canned black soybeans, high in protein and fiber, replace the traditional bulgur. Combining them with crunchy, high-fiber fresh veggies makes a perfect lunch.
- 1 15-oz. can black soybeans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 packed cup chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 packed cup mint leaves, cut into thin strips
Combine soybeans, tomatoes, green pepper and parsley in mixing bowl.
In small bowl, whisk lemon juice with salt and cayenne. Mix in oil. Pour over bean mixture; toss well. Mix in mint. Let sit 20 minutes so flavors meld. Will keep in refrigerator 24 hours, tightly covered.
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Sodium Content: 650 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g