The cornbread will keep, covered, at room temperature for up to three days. Store the ricotta and blackberries in the refrigerator for up to three days.
1. To make Cornbread: Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. Whisk together milk and egg in separate bowl. Fold milk mixture into flour mixture until moistened. Stir in melted butter until just combined. Fold in corn kernels.
2. Spoon 2 Tbs. batter into each prepared muffin cup. Bake 14 minutes, or until golden. Transfer pans to cooling rack, and cool 10 minutes; then unmold cornmeal tartlets, and cool completely on wire rack.
3. To prepare Blackberries: Toss blackberries with sugar and pinch of salt in medium bowl; let stand 20 minutes to release juices.
4. To make Ricotta Cream: Whisk together ricotta, sugar, vanilla extract, and orange zest in small bowl until creamy.
5. To serve: Slice domed tops off muffins with serrated knife to make flat base. Reserve tops for another use. Top each cornbread tartlet with spoonful ricotta cream and 3 or 4 blackberries. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size 1 Tartlet
- Calories 151
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 26 mg
- Fat Content 4.5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 120 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g