Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This savory crêpe recipe can be used with your choice of fillings. The blue cheese and walnut combination shines when paired with a dry white or rosé wine.
1. To make Buckwheat Crêpe Batter: Sift flours into bowl. Whisk in eggs and ¼ cup milk. Gradually stir in remaining ¾ cup milk. (Consistency will be very loose.) Stir in melted butter, sugar, and pinch of salt. Refrigerate 30 minutes, or overnight to let batter rest.
2. To make Blue Cheese Filling: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread walnuts on baking sheet. Bake 7 to 10 minutes, or until browned and fragrant. Cool; coarsely chop.
3. Reduce oven heat to 300°F, and line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Coat 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over high heat. Ladle ¼ cup Buckwheat Crêpe Batter into skillet. Turn and tilt skillet until batter coats pan bottom evenly. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until crêpe is golden brown on bottom. Flip with spatula, then remove pan from heat. Spread 2 Tbs. applesauce over crêpe, then sprinkle with 1 heaping Tbs. blue cheese. Fold crêpe into thirds, and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Place in oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining Buckwheat Crêpe Batter, applesauce, and blue cheese. Serve each crêpe garnished with toasted walnuts.
- Calories 222
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 73 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5.5 g
- Sodium Content 289 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g