Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
These blueberry and chocolate scones are quick to make—perfect for a weekend breakfast.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Work in butter using your fingertips until only small crumbs remain in mixture.
3. Whisk together milk, egg yolks, and vanilla in medium bowl. Add dry ingredients to wet, and mix just until incorporated (mixture will be crumbly). Gently stir in chocolate chips and blueberries. Gather dough into ball.
4. Transfer dough to floured work surface, and press into 3/4-inch-thick disk. Dust knife with flour, then cut dough into 8 equal wedges. Transfer to prepared baking sheet, and brush tops lightly with milk. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned on top and bottom.
- Calories 368
- Carbohydrate Content 54 g
- Cholesterol Content 70 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 214 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g