The night before you start a cleanse, prepare two beets: Wrap each beet in foil, and roast in a 400°F oven 1 hour, or until tender. Remove from oven. As soon as beets are cool enough to handle, remove foil, slip off and discard skin, and slice beets in half. Stash beets in the refrigerator for smoothies throughout the cleanse (you’ll have enough beets for three breakfasts and one snack smoothie).
- 1/2 medium roasted beet (4 oz.)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup nut, oat, rice, or hemp milk, or water
- 1/4 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 Tbs. lime juice
- Raw honey to taste, optional
- 2 ice cubes
Cut 1/2 beet into large chunks.
Transfer beet chunks to blender, and add all remaining ingredients; blend on high until smooth.
- Calories: 134
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 95 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g