Thick and glossy, thanks to the addition of chia seeds, this is the kind of jam you’ll want to eat with everything. It will keep for a week in the refrigerator.
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped, pod reserved
- 4 tsp. chia seeds
1. Combine blueberries, maple syrup, and vanilla bean seeds and pod in small saucepan, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 6 to 8 minutes, or until berries burst and mixture is juicy. Remove from heat.
2. Stir chia seeds into blueberry mixture (be sure they are well distributed and not clumping together). Pour mixture into wide-mouth jar or bowl.
3. Stir berry-chia mixture once it has stopped steaming, then refrigerate 2 hours, or until chilled. Sweeten with more maple syrup, if desired, and remove vanilla bean.
- Calories: 17
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 0.5 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g