Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
These fluffy pancakes have a subtle sourdough tang. Don’t worry about letting the milk sit out all night in the batter; consider it another type of flavor-building fermentation. If your berries are tart, add 1 Tbs. sugar to the batter. Serve the pancakes with maple syrup.
1. Stir together starter, 3/4 cup flour, milk, and sugar in medium bowl. Cover loosely, and let sit overnight.
2. Whisk in butter and egg the following morning. Combine remaining 1/2 cup flour with baking powder, baking soda, and salt in separate bowl. Stir flour mixture into batter, adding 1/4 cup more flour if needed. Stir in blueberries. Let sit 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and coat with cooking spray. Pour about 1/4 cup batter per pancake into skillet. Cook 1 to 11/2 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- Calories 406
- Carbohydrate Content 64 g
- Cholesterol Content 80 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 686 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g