This easy quickbread is filled with crunchy walnuts and sweet dried blueberries.
- 1 medium-sized Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup oat bran
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup evaporated cane juice
- 1 Tbs. egg replacer powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup enriched soymilk (1 percent fat)
- 1/2 Tbs. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 9x5-inch loaf pan with olive oil.
Place apple slices in bowl, and toss with lemon juice. Add blueberries, and set aside.
Combine flour with oat bran, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Blend applesauce with cane juice in separate bowl. Using fork or wire whisk, stir together egg replacer powder with water in liquid measuring cup. Add egg replacer powder mixture, soymilk and vanilla to applesauce. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients, adding apple-blueberry mixture halfway through before ingredients are totally combined, stirring just until blended. Do not overbeat. Pour batter into prepared pan, and sprinkle with walnuts.
Bake 40 minutes, or until tester inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven, and cool slightly before serving.
- Calories: 223
- Carbohydrate Content: 45 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 236 mg
- Sugar Content: 22 g