Pull all those leftover condiments out of the fridge and pick your favorite to pair with this simple dish. Serve with steamed rice.
- 4 medium heads bok choy, halved
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
Spicy Tofu Triangles
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. dry sherry or mirin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper, optional
- 1 14-oz. pkg. extra-firm tofu, drained and halved widthwise into 2 slabs
- 1 small butternut squash (1 1⁄2 lbs.), peeled, halved, and sliced 1⁄2-inch thick
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
To make Bok Choy: Cook bok choy in large pot of boiling, salted water 2 minutes, or until bright green. Drain, and set aside.
To make Spicy Tofu Triangles: Preheat oven to 350˚F. Combine oil, soy sauce, sherry, garlic, ginger, paprika, black pepper, if using, and 6 Tbs. water in 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Cut each tofu slab into 2 triangles, and place in baking dish, turning to coat with marinade. Season with salt, if desired.
To make Butternut Squash: Toss together all ingredients in large bowl. Spread on baking sheet, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Bake Butternut Squash 30 minutes, turning once or twice to brown on 2 or 3 sides. Bake Spicy Tofu Triangles 30 to 35 minutes, or until browned and most of marinade has evaporated, turning once to crisp on both sides.
Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbs. olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bok choy halves, and sear 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned.
To serve: Add 1 Spicy Tofu Triangle to plate. Spoon 1⁄2 cup Butternut Squash over tofu and top with 2 Bok Choy halves.
- Serving Size: serves 4
- Calories: 399
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 13 g
- Protein Content: 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 763 mg
- Sugar Content: 14 g