Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Bok choy halves are steamed over bulgur as it cooks for a one-pot meal that can go directly from stove to table.
1. Heat 1 tsp. garlic oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, and cook 5 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to plate. Add tomatoes to skillet cut-side down, and cook 2 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to plate.
2. Add remaining 1 tsp. garlic oil to skillet. Stir in shallots, and sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in bulgur until grains are coated with oil. Add broth, thyme sprig, and 1 1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Arrange bok choy halves on top of bulgur with leaves pointing outward (like spokes in a wheel). Sprinkle mushrooms and tomatoes between bok choy halves. Cover, and simmer 5 minutes more. Remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with thyme leaves, and drizzle with garlic oil.
- Calories 202
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 217 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g