Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Here’s a satisfying tomato sauce that will add a hearty, wholegrain flavor to any pasta or lasagna dish.
1. Using your hands, crumble tempeh into fine pieces. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until golden, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, 15 seconds. Stir in tempeh, 1 cup water and tamari. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove cover and simmer until liquid is reduced and tempeh begins to sizzle.
3. Add remaining ingredients to tempeh mixture and mix well. Cover and simmer sauce 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Calories 181
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 358 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g