This classic Mediterranean recipe highlights two summertime treasures—artichokes and fresh tomatoes.
- 6 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 lb. baby artichokes, trimmed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 lb. tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
1. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add artichokes. Add lemon juice and garlic when artichokes begin to sizzle, then season with salt. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer artichokes 15 minutes.
2. Uncover pan, and add tomatoes. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes more, or until mixture thickens and most of tomato liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with toasted almonds. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 234 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g