If seitan is packaged in a tub of broth, you will need 2 tubs. After discarding the broth, you will have about 16 ounces of seitan.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized red onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized serrano chile, seeded and chopped
- 2 8-oz. shrink-wrapped pkg. seitan
- 1 large zucchini, diced (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 1 16-oz. package sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 2-oz. can tomato sauce, preferably Roasted Red Pepper style
- 1 Tbs. garam masala
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Tbs. plain soy yogurt
Heat oil, garlic, onions and chile in a 5-quart saucepan over high heat for 2 minutes. Cut seitan into bite-sized pieces, and add to pan. Add zucchini, mushrooms, garbanzo beans and cinnamon stick. Cook mixture for 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat to low, and add tomato sauce, garam masala, turmeric and cilantro. Cook for 10 minutes, and add soy yogurt. Remove from heat, and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Calories: 179
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Sodium Content: 126 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g