Dried fruit and smoky tempeh bacon fill out a side dish that will have everyone asking for seconds.
- 4 Tbs. vegan margarine, such as Earth Balance
- 1/2 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 1 cup finely diced carrots
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped tempeh bacon, such as Lightlife
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup finely diced apple
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups cubed day-old bread
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, and coat large baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Heat margarine in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, celery, tempeh bacon, and rosemary; cook 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add apple, cranberries, cherries, cinnamon, broth, salt, and pepper; cook 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in bread cubes, and cook 5 minutes more. Remove pan from heat, and transfer stuffing to prepared baking dish. Cover with foil, and bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until hot and browned on top.
- Calories: 211
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 512 mg
- Sugar Content: 18 g