Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Shredded butternut squash and an egg crêpe make these burritos especially easy to eat on the go.
1. Heat large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, and spray with cooking spray. Add veggie sausage, and sauté 3 minutes. Add butternut squash, and cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until squash begins to crisp and brown. Stir in 1/2 cup applesauce, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat, and keep warm.
2. Heat small non-stick skillet over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray. Whisk eggs with 1/4 cup water in measuring cup, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Pour one-quarter of egg mixture into skillet, and cook 1 to 2 minutes until cooked through, creating very thin crêpe. Slide onto plate, and cover with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining egg mixture.
3. Spread each tortilla with 1 Tbs. applesauce, then top with egg crêpe and 1 cup butternut mixture. Fold sides of tortilla over filling, then roll from bottom up. Serve with additional applesauce.
- Calories 334
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 186 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 636 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g