You’ll get rave reviews about this made-for-mornings pizza.
- 1 8-oz. can low-fat refrigerated crescent dinner roll dough
- 7 oz. vegetarian breakfast "sausage" patties
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 8-oz. carton egg substitute or 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk or soymilk
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh sage or 1 tsp. dried rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 375F. Separate dough into triangles. Press triangles together to form single round crust on 12-inch pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Crimp edges of dough with fingers to form rim.
Cook “sausages” 5 to 7 minutes, breaking into small crumbles. Drain on paper towels, and let cool slightly.
Top prepared dough with “sausage,” potatoes and cheese. Whisk together egg substitute, milk, sage, salt and red pepper flakes in medium bowl. Carefully pour milk mixture over “sausage” mixture. Bake 25 minutes, or until crust is browned. Cut into wedges, and serve warm.
- Calories: 219
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Cholesterol Content: 2 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 720 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g