Enjoy this no-crust savory custard pie with a salad for lunch or dinner. For a variation, substitute 5 cups spinach for the broccoli. Serve with warm whole-grain bread.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/4 cups 1% milk
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbs. grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring often, 1 1/2 minutes. Add broccoli, and cook, stirring often, 1 minute. Spread mixture in pie pan.
Combine milk, cheese, mustard, egg whites, eggs, salt, pepper and nutmeg in large bowl. Pour over broccoli mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake 40 minutes, or until top is golden and knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Cholesterol Content: 85 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 370 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g