This homey casserole is satisfying on a chilly autumn night.
- 2 spaghetti squash (1 1/2–2 lb. each)
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 Tbs. low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 2-qt. baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Pierce squash in several places with knife. Microwave 3 minutes on high power to soften. Slice off ends, and stand squash upright. Cut straight down length of squash. Remove seeds with spoon. Place halves cut side down on rimmed baking sheet, and add 11/2 cups water to cover surface of pan. Bake 30 minutes, or until squash yields when pressed.
3. Cool squash cut side up 10 minutes. Scrape squash halves with fork to release strands. Transfer strands to large bowl.
(You should have 5 cups.)
4. Toss broccoli with oil in bowl, then add to squash along with 1/4 cup Cheddar.
5. Whisk together eggs, milk, ricotta, green onion, and mustard in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, then stir into squash mixture.
6. Spread mixture in prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar. Spray with cooking spray.
7. Increase oven temperature to 425°F. Bake on top oven rack 25 minutes, or until center is set and top begins to brown.
- Calories: 118
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Cholesterol Content: 54 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 150 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g