Children love this dish! The broccoli can be cooked up to several days ahead. Serve it at any temperature, with room temperature or warm sauce.
- 1 large bunch broccoli (1 1/2 lb.), separated into florets, stems cut into spears
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 Tbs. sugar
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
1. Bring large pot of water to boil. Cook broccoli in water 2 to 3 minutes, or until bright green and tender. Drain, and rinse under cold water to cool. Shake, and pat dry.
2. Whisk peanut butter with 1 cup hot water in bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Season with salt. Place bowl in center of serving platter, and arrange broccoli around it.
- Calories: 424
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4.5 g
- Sodium Content: 667 mg
- Sugar Content: 20 g