Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This creamy soup gets its extra richness and bright color from edamame.
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onion and nutmeg, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Sauté 10 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup broth, scraping bottom of pot to lift off any brown bits. Add remaining 51/2 cups broth, edamame, broccoli, and garlic. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, partially covered, 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange baguette slices on baking sheet, and bake 6 minutes, or until crunchy on both sides. Remove from oven, and arrange cheese over toasts. Return to oven, and bake 6 minutes more, or until cheese has softened.
3. Working in batches, transfer soup to blender, and blend until creamy and smooth. Return soup to pot, and warm over low heat. Ladle soup into 8 shallow soup bowls; float 1 cheese crouton in center of each bowl.
- Calories 195
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 174 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g