Almond-shaped Kalamata olives from the Kalamata region of Greece range from dark purple to black in color. They have a firm texture and a rich, fruity flavor.
- 1 12-oz. pkg. bow-tie pasta
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, chopped
- 1 6-oz. pkg. sliced mushrooms
- 1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth or Chardonnay
- 1 14 1/2-oz. can Mexican-seasoned stewed tomatoes (1 3/4 cups)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup tomato sauce
Cook pasta according to package directions, and drain. Set aside in colander, and rinse occasionally with cold water to prevent sticking.
Heat oil and crushed red pepper over medium-high heat, 1 minute, in Dutch oven or large electric frying pan. Add broccoli, onions, mushrooms, beans and olives, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add half of coriander, broth, stewed tomatoes, yeast and tomato sauce. Reduce heat to low, and cook 2 minutes. Add cooked pasta and remaining 1/4 cup coriander, and mix thoroughly. Simmer 3 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Calories: 260
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Sodium Content: 229 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g