Prepare these individual casseroles the night before, and pop them in the oven when you get home from work.
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes (2 lb.)
- 2 Tbs. skim milk
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 Tbs. crushed potato chips, divided
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 2 miniloaf pans or 1 8- x 8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Pierce sweet potatoes with fork, and wrap in plastic wrap. Cook in microwave on high power 10 to 12 minutes, or until soft. Halve, and scoop flesh into bowl. Add milk and nutmeg, and season with salt and pepper. Mash until smooth.
Place broccoli in glass bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on high power 3 minutes, or until tender.
Beat together ricotta and egg until smooth and creamy. Add spinach and 1 tsp. Parmesan to egg mixture, and season with salt and pepper.
Spoon half of egg mixture into bottom of each prepared miniloaf pan, dividing equally between 2 pans. Next, layer crumbled chips into each pan, followed by layer of sweet potato mixture and layer of broccoli florets. Top both stratas with remaining Parmesan. Bake 20 minutes, or until stratas have set. Cool 10 minutes, and unmold.
- Calories: 582
- Carbohydrate Content: 80 g
- Cholesterol Content: 147 mg
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 13 g
- Protein Content: 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8.5 g
- Sodium Content: 797 mg
- Sugar Content: 23 g