Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Classic Italian flavors are paired with broccoli raab in this satisfying frittata.
1. Preheat broiler. Coat 10-inch ovenproof skillet with cooking spray.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper (if using), sun-dried tomatoes, and rosemary; sauté 10 minutes. Add broccoli raab and garlic, and cook 10 minutes more.
3. Whisk together egg whites, eggs, and 1/3 cup water in bowl. Stir in cheese.
4. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in skillet, and cook 2 minutes, using rubber spatula to gently pull edges of frittata in toward center of skillet so uncooked egg can flow onto pan surface. When egg mixture has nearly set, place skillet under broiler 2 minutes, or until top is set and has puffed and browned slightly. Let stand 5 minutes, then run spatula around edges, and slice into wedges.
- Calories 229
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 158 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 175 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g