- 2 large limes
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 6 green onions, divided
- 4 stems cilantro, divided
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup baby carrots, halved
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 8-oz. bag fettucine-style tofu shirataki noodles, rinsed
- 2 cups broccoli florets (about 6 oz.)
- 1/4 tsp. chile sauce, such as Sriracha, optional
1. Zest one lime with vegetable peeler. Combine zest, broth and 1 1/2 cups water in large microwave-safe bowl. Coarsely chop 4 green onions, and add to liquid along with 3 stems cilantro, ginger and garlic. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, and heat in microwave on high power 10 minutes. Let stand 1 minute. Remove plastic wrap, and strain broth, discarding onion-cilantro mixture.
2. Return broth to bowl, and add mushrooms, carrots and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap, and heat on high power 5 minutes. Let stand 1 minute.
3. Cut noodles into shorter strands with scissors. Add noodles to broth, and top with broccoli. Cover, and heat 3 minutes more. Chop remaining 2 green onions, and pluck sprigs from remaining cilantro stem. Cut remaining lime into wedges. Stir chopped green onions and chile sauce, if desired, into soup. Ladle into bowls, and garnish with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 102
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 354 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g