This rustic pie takes up less space in the fridge or freezer than a typical pizza.
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 small onion, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1 12-oz. pkg. prepared whole-wheat pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup shredded fontina cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with foil. Place tomato halves cut side up on baking sheet. Insert 2 slices of garlic in each tomato half; sprinkle with oregano. Roast 30 minutes.
2. Toss together broccoli, onion, and oil in baking dish. Roast 20 minutes, or until tender. Cool 10 minutes.
3. Roll dough into 10-inch circle. Transfer to baking sheet coated with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper. Spread pesto on crust; sprinkle with cheese. Top with vegetables, leaving 2-inch rim. Fold 1 inch of crust edge inward. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F; bake 40 minutes, or until golden.
STORE/SERVE Cool, wrap in foil, and refrigerate up to 2 days, or freeze 1 month. Reheat 15 minutes at 350°F before serving (thaw first if frozen).
- Calories: 395
- Carbohydrate Content: 48 g
- Cholesterol Content: 21 mg
- Fat Content: 19 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 632 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g