Feature luscious summertime eggplants as a light main course, and dress them up with chopped tomatoes, sprinkles of Gorgonzola cheese and capers.
- 1 1/2-lb. eggplant, cut into 8 slices
- 4 Tbs. pesto
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 oz. crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 4 Tbs. capers, drained
1. Preheat oven to broil. Line baking dish with foil, and set aside.
2. Arrange eggplant slices in dish, and brush tops with 2 Tbs. pesto. Broil until tops begin to brown and eggplant begins to soften, 3–5 minutes. Turn over using a spatula, and spread remaining pesto on second sides. Broil about 5 minutes more. Remove from oven.
3. To serve, arrange eggplant steaks on individual plates, and top each with equal amounts of tomatoes, Gorgonzola cheese and capers. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Calories: 245
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 24 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 773 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g