This couldn’t-be-simpler sauce delivers big on taste.
- 2 Tbs. tomato paste
- 1/2 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups finely chopped cauliflower florets
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley leaves
Heat Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat. Add tomato paste and onion, and cook 1 minute, or until tomato paste is fragrant and slightly darkened, stirring constantly. Add cauliflower, broth, and 1 ½ cups water, stirring to scrape up tomato paste from bottom of pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 6 to 8 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender. Stir in parsley leaves, and serve over pasta.
- Serving Size: per 1 1/3-cup serving
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 146 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g