Brown rice and almond milk stand in for oats and milk in this English-inspired porridge. Try it warm or cold with whatever fruits and nuts you have on hand.
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (1 cup uncooked)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 Tbs. pure maple syrup, plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium apple, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Combine brown rice and almond milk in large saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer 4 to 6 minutes, or until mixture is thick and creamy.
2. Stir in maple syrup, then apple. Cover, and let stand 5 minutes.
3. Serve sprinkled with dried cranberries and drizzled with maple syrup.
- Calories: 209
- Carbohydrate Content: 48 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 28 mg
- Sugar Content: 21 g