Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Brown rice and almond milk stand in for oats and milk in this English-inspired porridge. Try it warm or cold with whatever fruits and nuts you have on hand.
1. Combine brown rice and almond milk in large saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer 4 to 6 minutes, or until mixture is thick and creamy.
2. Stir in maple syrup, then apple. Cover, and let stand 5 minutes.
3. Serve sprinkled with dried cranberries and drizzled with maple syrup.
- Calories 209
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 28 mg
- Sugar Content 21 g