This classic Indian recipe is a great way to sneak soy protein into meals because you stir soy yogurt into cooled rice. Serve with steamed vegetables.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup plain soy yogurt
- 2 Tbs. canola oil
- 2 tsp. black or brown whole mustard seeds
1. Stir together rice and yogurt in large bowl, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. Heat oil and mustard seeds in small saucepan over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, or until mustard seeds begin to pop. Stir oil mixture into rice mixture.
- Calories: 228
- Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 12 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g