Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Jarred roasted red peppers work beautifully in this recipe. You can make and chill it a day before serving. Makes about 1 1/2 cups purée.
To make Bruschetta Toasts:
1. Preheat broiler, and place oven rack about 6 inches from heat. Place bread on baking sheet, and broil 2 to 4 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Turn toast over, and repeat. When cool enough to handle, rub one side of each toast with cut garlic clove.
To make Red Pepper Purée:
1. Blot rinsed peppers with paper towels until quite dry.
2. Put garlic down feed tube of food processor with motor running, and process about 15 seconds, until finely chopped. Add peppers, breadcrumbs, pesto and vinegar, and purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Spread 1 heaping Tbs. on each bruschetta toast; sprinkle with olive oil, and serve.
- Calories 252
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 568 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g