Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Even as a kid, vegetarian Joshua Ogrodowski enjoyed cooking breakfast for his large family. His culinary career included stints as a dishwasher in an Italian restaurant, a movie theater concession stand supervisor, and country club line cook before he enrolled in the culinary arts program at Johnson & Wales. Currently, Joshua is pursuing his master’s degree in art and teaching. He developed this recipe for a recorded heart-healthy cooking demo in a spa cuisine class.
1. To make Balsamic Glaze: Simmer vinegar and Sucanat in saucepan over medium-low heat 20 minutes, or until syrupy. Cool.
2. To make White Bean Paste: Blend all ingredients in food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. To make Chutney: combine all ingredients in bowl.
4. To make Bruschetta: Preheat grill or grill pan. Brush baguette slices with oil, and grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Spread 1 Tbs. White Bean Paste on each grilled bread slice. Top with 2 Tbs. Chutney; drizzle with Balsamic Glaze.
- Calories 186
- Carbohydrate Content 28 g
- Cholesterol Content 3 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 309 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g