Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Leftover pickled onions will keep a few days in the fridge, so make extra, and use them on grilled cheese sandwiches or chopped in deviled eggs.
1. Stir vinegar, 1/2 cup water, sugar, salt, and pepper in bowl until sugar and salt dissolve. Mix in onion, and press down to submerge. Let stand 45 minutes, checking to be sure onion stays submerged.
2. Steam Brussels sprouts in steamer or on rack over boiling water 6 to 8 minutes, or until just tender. Lift out rack, and cool.
3. Place Brussels sprouts in large bowl, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Drain onion slices, and discard brine. Add onion slices to Brussels sprouts along with radicchio, blue cheese, and oil, and toss to combine.
- Calories 160
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 13 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 418 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g