When selecting your sprouts, choose those that are firm and fully green.
- 4 pints Brussels sprouts
- 2 Tbs. orange juice
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp. granulated sugar or 1 1/2 tsp. brown rice syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 Tbs. orange zest in long strips
Discard and trim off yellow leaves and base from sprouts. Cut into quarters. Cook in boiling salted water until just tender, 4 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and drain.
Whisk orange and lemon juices, sugar, salt and white pepper together. Drizzle in walnut oil while whisking.
Toss sprouts with walnuts, zest and dressing.
Serve immediately, or reserve in warm oven for up to 15 minutes.
- Calories: 110
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 110 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g