Cooked buckwheat stands in nicely for rice in this riff on fried rice.
- 1 Tbs. fresh lime juice, plus 4 small lime wedges
- 2 tsp. gluten-free tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tsp. gluten-free teriyaki sauce, such as Kikkoman
- 1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/4–1/2 tsp. chile-garlic sauce
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup small (1-inch) cauliflower florets
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced, divided
- 3 cups cold cooked buckwheat groats (1 cup uncooked)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbs. chopped cilantro, optional
1. To make Sauce: Combine lime juice, tamari, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, chile-garlic sauce, and 1 Tbs. water in bowl.
2. To make Stir-Fry: Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add onion, snap peas, cauliflower, and salt; increase heat to high, and stir-fry 3 minutes, or until veggies are lightly browned. Add garlic, ginger, and half of green onions. Stir-fry 30 seconds. Add buckwheat, and season with salt, if desired. Stir-fry 2 minutes, or until buckwheat is slightly toasted (you will hear it crackle in pan).
3. Push grains aside, and pour eggs into clear spot in pan. Stir-fry until eggs are set. Remove pan from heat, and stir in Sauce and cilantro (if using). Garnish with remaining green onions.
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Cholesterol Content: 93 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 517 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g