Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Cooked buckwheat stands in nicely for rice in this riff on fried rice.
1. To make Sauce: Combine lime juice, tamari, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, chile-garlic sauce, and 1 Tbs. water in bowl.
2. To make Stir-Fry: Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add onion, snap peas, cauliflower, and salt; increase heat to high, and stir-fry 3 minutes, or until veggies are lightly browned. Add garlic, ginger, and half of green onions. Stir-fry 30 seconds. Add buckwheat, and season with salt, if desired. Stir-fry 2 minutes, or until buckwheat is slightly toasted (you will hear it crackle in pan).
3. Push grains aside, and pour eggs into clear spot in pan. Stir-fry until eggs are set. Remove pan from heat, and stir in Sauce and cilantro (if using). Garnish with remaining green onions.
- Calories 270
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 93 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 517 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g