- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 cups peeled, diced all-purpose potatoes (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup uncooked bulgur (medium grind)
- 1 1/2 tsp. soy sauce or tamari
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. olive oil
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook, stirring often, until onion is softened, about 7 minutes. Stir in garlic and paprika, then stir in potatoes and bulgur until evenly coated.
Stir soy sauce into broth and add to potato mixture along with salt. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer without lifting lid until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and gently fluff hash with a fork. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Serve hot.
- Calories: 231
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 511 mg