Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Most people think rice when they think pilaf, but bulgur is also a traditional pilaf grain. Try this dish when you want something quick and filling on a cool autumn night.
1. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, and cook 7 to 10 minutes, or until just golden, stirring often. Stir in zucchini and garlic, and sauté 1 minute, or until vegetables are coated with oil. Transfer mixture to plate.
2. Heat remaining 1 Tbs. oil in pot over medium-high heat. Add bulgur, shallots and coriander, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until bulgur grain is lightly toasted and has nutty fragrance, stirring often.
3. Stir in potato mixture. Add broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, or until all broth is absorbed. Fold in pistachios and parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Cover, and let stand 2 minutes. Fluff with fork, and serve hot.
- Calories 449
- Carbohydrate Content 69 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 14 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 372 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g