Adding nuts to a blended dressing helps emulsify the mixture to a smooth creaminess without the need for cream or eggs. Extra dressing from this recipe will keep up to one month in the refrigerator.
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts, divided
- 3 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large head butter lettuce (8 cups)
- 2 large radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
1. Blend 2 Tbs. toasted hazelnuts, vinegar, honey, mustard, and 1 Tbs. water in blender until smooth. Slowly drizzle oil in running blender until mixture emulsifies. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. Combine butter lettuce, radishes, and chives in large bowl. Add 3 Tbs. hazelnut mixture, and toss to combine. Sprinkle salad with remaining chopped hazelnuts.
- Calories: 46
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 11 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g